Christmas spirit!

It's December, guys! You know what that means - Holidays, presents, lights, snow, cosy warm living rooms... ah, I can't wait. As you can see the Christmas mood has taken me over and I've already started making plans. Yesterday was my only school exam before the holiday ( at least I hope it's the last one) and now I have all the time till Christmas eve to concentrate on preparation.



First of all, with the winter holidays right around the corner I have the difficult task to find the perfect gifts for my loved ones. I usually I enjoy buying presents but right now I'm in a bit of a dead end street since I want to give them something special. Plus me and my boyfriend celebrate our 3 month anniversary in 4 days, one of my dearest friend has a birth day on the 23th and my mom's - on 30th. In less words - I have quite some things to buy.
  Just don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining about that. My only problems is that I'm running out of ideas. You know, when you have to buy 13 different gifts is kind of hard to be original. So here's the rough list which I'm going to complete in the next three weeks:
*For mom: 1. Paco Rabanne's Lady Million
                 2. Some nice sweater or scarf
                 3. still thing about that one
*For dad: 1. His favourite  Azzaro
              2. The Big 4 DVD Live from Sofia
              3. His birthday is in January so I have time to thing about that one
*For my friends - that's the hardest part: I'm considering a bouquets of Poinsettia, books, jewellery and so on and so forth but I haven't picked anything yet.
*For my dear boy: Shhh! That's a surprise ;) I've already bought the anniversary present and I'm certain he'll love it but I don't wanna give anything away just yet. I'm still racking my brain thinking what else to buy him and I'm not telling anything until I decide something.

  The second thing that I'm really existed about is that this year I'm hosting the New Years' Eve dinner. It won't be the big party as previous times - just the opposite - a quiet and classy dinner for four (top six) people. I'm already browsing trough recipes and ideas for decorations. I'm thinking about some kind of meat for main dish but I haven't decided yet whether it's gonna be turkey, veil or pork. I'm considering meat or potato pie as well. I'll make at least two different types of salad and, of course, the traditional Bulgarian banitsa and home-made bread. And the desserts! Ah, I have so many ideas about the desserts! Candied orange peel, muffins, cookies, cake, pies! I'd have to think everything trough since I want to food to match both the drinks (whiskey, champagne and wine) and the decorations.
  Which brings me to part two - the decorations themselves. The Poinsettia comes up again - in the middle of the table, surrounded by candles and Cinnamon and Vanilla sticks. I recently bought this lovely set of black and white dishes I think I'm going to use them but I don't have matching glasses so I'm not sure yet.
I've never been so over-exited around this holidays. It's kind a strange. I don't even care what is Santa going to get me - I just want to make the people I love happy by giving them the perfect dinner and amazing presents. Wish me luck, I'm going shopping!
HO HO HO!,
A.

0 Response to "Christmas spirit!"

Post a Comment